Here are some of the highlights from the November 9, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Pamela Frost, contributing editor of Not Your Mother’s Book on Home Improvement, talked about the hilarious side of repairing your home.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to install a vented range hood in a kitchen.
- Problem with porch light and wall outlets not working.
- How to remove solder residue from carpeting.
- Repairing cracked fireplace logs in electric fireplace insert.
- Installing a wood deck over a concrete patio.
- Problem with black spots on edges of bathroom mirror.
- How to replace sliding closet doors with bifold doors.
- Testing shingles to see if they need to be replaced.
- Can refinishing kits be used to repair chips in a porcelain bathtub.
- Installing a grab bar on a ceramic tile bathtub surround.
- How to remove rust stains from a concrete driveway.
- Hiding wires from a TV on brick fireplace wall.
- Installing a kitchen faucet on a bathroom sink.
- How to seal around an air conditioner during winter.
- Problem with gas furnace not lighting.
- Who to call to remove and replace a door and window.
- How to go about installing a pet door in your home.
- What is the best way to weatherproof a door or window.
- Recirculating pump has hot water in both hot and cold lines.
- How to waterproof a second story deck floor.