Here are some of the highlights from the June 8, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Carmen Ciricillo, the Construction Comic, visited with his views on the 2013 hurricane season.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the Matrix tool system from Black & Decker including a 4-amp Matrix variable speed drill/driver with 11 position clutch and six optional accessory tools that can be installed in seconds to turn the drill into an:
- Impact driver
- Oscillating tool
- Circular trim saw
- Detail sander
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with termites behind a fireplace.
- How to clean stainless steel refrigerator doors.
- Best time of year to severely prune Andromeda shrubs.
- How to paint plastic furniture.
- Adding epoxy to tile grout in a bathroom.
- How to apply polymer locking sand to patio pavers.
- Removing water spots from antique furniture.
- How to recaulk around windows before painting.
- Problem with stripped screw holes on ceiling air vents.
- What to plant around a tree next to a sidewalk.
- How to eliminate ticks in yard without harming birds.
- Repairing a bathtub faucet leak inside a wall.
- How to control mosquitoes without using insecticides.
- Keeping grass alive when water is rationed during a drought.
- Painting the outside of a house during the summer heat.
- Problem with low-flow showerhead not giving a good shower.
- How to fix landscape lights that have stopped working.
- Whether to use paint that was stored in shed during freezing weather.