Today’s Homeowner Radio
Listener QuestionsHow to Tell If You’re Dealing With a Leak or Condensation Wade just upgraded his roof to a metal roof and is noticing some moisture coming from above. The good news is it’s likely not a leak. Wade added an ice and water shield under the roof and that should be doing its job preventing a leak. But, the roof may be sweating, and it’s probably the change in seasons that is causing this to occur. Wade needs to plan on installing more ridge or gable vents because the key to stopping condensation on his roof is good ventilation.
Is Your Room Not Getting Any Heat? Here Is Who to Call! A room in Karen’s house was later added on. In the summer it is cooling down fine but in the winter the room doesn’t get any heat! Karen should reach out to an HVAC contractor. The contractor will be able to troubleshoot the ductwork to find out what the issue is.
The Proper Way to Vent a Bathroom Fan Gary wants to add a new vent fan into a bathroom. The contractor he’s working with seems to be suggesting venting to the attic. He’s not sure if that is the best option. Gary is absolutely right to question this contractor. Without a doubt, a vent should never exhaust hot, moist air into the attic. The job isn’t done until it’s properly vented through the roof.
Joe’s Top 10 Simple Solutions
- Drive Screws Without Splitting Wood
- Non-Toxic Household Cleaner
- Drill Pilot Holes With Finishing Nail
- Between Stud Storage
- Fix Stripped Hinge Screw With a Wooden Golf Tee
- Cupcake Pan Organizer With Slide Mount
- Second-Story Window Squeegee
- Baby-Powder Protection When Installing Insulation
- Homemade Furniture Cleaner
- Use Clear-Pouch Shoe Bag for Workshop Storage