How to Build a Wooden Fence
This is the fifth of a seven-part series on building a wood picket fence:
- Part 1: Fencing Options for Your Yard
- Part 2: How to Set Fence Posts in Your Yard
- Part 3: How to Layout Wood Fence Panels
- Part 4: How to Install Wooden Fence Panels
- Part 5: How to Cut Wooden Fence Panels to Length
- Part 6: How to Reinforce a Fence Gate to Keep It from Sagging
- Part 7: How to Stain a Wooden Fence in Your Yard
When installing preassembled fence panels, you may need to trim the length of some of the panels to fit the allotted space. To cut a fence panel to length:
- Position the panel on the posts to see where it needs to be trimmed.
- Mark the location of the cuts on the rails (stringers), and trim as needed to fit the space using a circular saw.
- Cutting the protruding horizontal rails off of fence corners gives the fence a more finished look.
Watch this video to find out more.
Comments are closed.