Do you have pent-up stress that needs to be burned off? Here’s a thought — you could install a punching bag!
You can make this punching bag that’s both eco-friendly and affordable since it’s made from recycled materials. Anyone can do it and it’ll provide you with hours of fun and exercise.
Just watch the video above and follow along!
Punching Bag Materials List:
- 1 – 4-inch-diameter x 3-foot scrap PVC pipe
- 1 – 10-inch-diameter scrap plywood disc
- 1 – 4-inch-diameter scrap plywood disc
- 2 – 3-by-12-foot used carpet pad
- 1 – roll duct tape
Making a Punching Bag:
- Cut PVC pipe to length.
- Cut 10-inch-diameter plywood disc to size, using the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket as the pattern.
- Cut a 4-inch-diameter plywood disc to fit the interior diameter of the pipe.
- Attach 4-inch plywood disc to the center of 10-inch plywood disk.
- Screw the bottom of the pipe to the plywood disc.
- Cut carpet pad to size using a utility knife.
- Attach carpet pad to pipe with duct tape.
- Roll carpet pad on the pipe.
- Wrap pad in duct tape.
- Drill holes in the top of the pipe and hang by rope from the ceiling.
Attach pipe to base. Roll carpet pad on pipe. Cover pad with tape.
Bonus tip: You can add some polish to this punching bag if you have leather on hand.
Simply wrap the punching bag with a leather sheet and secure with black duct tape for a color-coordinated look.