In order for the lot on the Kuppersmith Project house to drain properly, it had to be graded so the ground sloped away from the house and any rainwater runoff flowed away from the foundation. A tractor was used to move the dirt and fill in any depressions in the yard.
The tractor is also used to excavate dirt for the concrete driveway in the front yard and paver patio in the backyard. To accommodate the 4” of base material, 1” of sand, and 2” to 3” thick pavers needed for the patio; a total of 7” to 8” of dirt had to be removed from the yard.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Importance of Proper Drainage Around House Foundation (video)
- How to Keep Water from Damaging a House Foundation (video)
- Fixing Drainage Problems with a French Drain (article)
- Using a French Drain to Remove Standing Water (video)
- How to Lay a Paver Patio (video/article)
- How to Build a Brick Paver Patio in Your Yard (video)
Comments are closed.