Water stains on a ceiling are usually caused by roof or plumbing leaks. Follow these steps when covering over a water stain on your ceiling:
- Start by finding the cause of the leak, and repairing the problem to prevent damage in the future.
- Purchase a spray can of stain blocking primer or sealer.
- Spray cans work better than a brush, especially on popcorn or textured ceilings.
- Apply a light coat of the stain blocking primer over the stain to cover it while avoiding dripping.
- If the primer doesn’t match the color of the ceiling, you may need to paint the entire ceiling once the primer has dried.
Watch this video to find out more.
Comments are closed.