We recently painted our textured popcorn ceiling but forgot to remove a hook for a hanging plant. How can I remove it and repair the hole without having to repaint the entire ceiling? -Sonia
Patching a spot on a textured popcorn ceiling is not as difficult as you might imagine. Here’s how to go about it:
- Remove the hook from the ceiling and fill the hole with drywall joint compound.
- Once the joint compound has dried, apply popcorn ceiling repair spray (available to home centers) to the spot to match the existing ceiling texture.
- After the repair spray is dry, dab a coat of your ceiling paint on the spot.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Repair Small Holes in Drywall (article)
- How to Repair Damaged Drywall (video)
- How to Repair Cracks in a Drywall Ceiling (article)
Comments are closed.