Replacing your existing showerhead with a low-flow water saving model is both good for the environment and can save money on your utility bill. Here how to go about it:
- Use a strap wrench to unscrew the old fixture (turning counterclockwise) to keep from scratching the finish on the showerhead.
- Apply two laps of Teflon tape to the threads on the water pipe to prevent leaking.
- Hand screw the new fixture into place (turning clockwise).
- Tighten up the showerhead using the strap wrench.
- Turn the shower on, and check for leaks.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.