This plumbing trick is an oldie but goodie that works well when you need to caulk around a tub. Here’s how to go about it:
- Scrape out the old caulk or grout around the tub.
- Fill the tub with water to weigh it down.
- Apply masking tape to both to the wall and the top of the tub, leaving a gap for the caulking.
- Fill the gap around the tub with silicone caulking, and smooth it out.
- Allow the caulking to dry overnight before draining out the water.
- How to Caulk Around a Tub (video)
- Tub Caulking Tips (video)
- Caulking Around a Bathtub (video)
Comments are closed.