How high from the finished floor should I rough in the plumbing in my bathroom for the tub, shower and sink? -Peter
There are no set-in-stone rules on how high to rough in the plumbing for a tub, shower, and sink; but the general rules of thumb are:
- Tub Faucet Valves: 20”- 22” above finished floor
- Tub Fill Spout: 4”- 6” above top of tub
- Shower Valve: about 42” above tub floor
- Showerhead: 65”- 78” above tub floor
- Sink Drain: 18”- 20” above finished floor
Good luck with your project,
- How to Install a Showerhead (video)
- How to Install a Bathroom Vanity (video)
- How to Repair a Leaky Bath Faucet (video/article)
How High from Floor to Rough in Bathroom sink Plumbing? This install is for using the Studor mini vent on the sink drain line. So, do I want the rough drain height a little lower so I’ll have clearance in the bath sink cabinet, below the sink?
Thank you very much. Your site is very good, very informative.
Thank you for your positive feedback!
Sergio, How high should a bathtub drain elevation be set above the horizontal drain pipe? My ABS drain pipe is currently running just below the underside of the subfloor. Do I need to set my tub drain elevation a few inches above the subfloor? Or would one inch do the job? Does the latter slow down the draining rate to unacceptable level? I can’t find any reference to these dimensions. I am trying to keep the Roman tub as low as possible so it doesn’t look so bulky. Thanks