An awning, or a shade attached to the house, covers the patio or deck area and provides protection from the elements. This cover is so efficient to use that you can easily roll and unroll it at your convenience, manually or electronically.
These are just a few options to help you get some shade. You can also upgrade your backyard with other structures, such as arbors, trellises, a sunroom, a porch and a pool house, as time and budget allow.
Watch and Learn:
Benefits of Outdoor Shades
Still not convinced to upgrade your backyard? Here are some of the benefits:
• These backyard structures give your home an instant facelift and boost the home’s aesthetic appeal.
• Backyard shade plays a significant role in keeping your home cool. For instance, an awning can block 99 percent of harmful UV rays from penetrating your windows and doors. This decreases the need to keep your house cool during the summer and results in lower energy bills.
• These structures not only provide protection from the elements, but they also enhance your outdoor living options for parties and get-togethers.
Choosing Shade for Your Needs
Picking the right backyard shade makes all the difference. So, here are tips to help you pick the best shade for your backyard.
• Outdoor covers vary, based on the type of material that goes into their manufacturing. Choosing the material that meets your needs — such as wood, vinyl or aluminum — is as important as selecting the right type of design.
• When it comes to choosing an outdoor structure, consider how you will be using it, both daily as well as on special occasions. Also, consider the local weather and what your home actually needs in that climate; how durable it needs to be.
• Because any outdoor structure is an extension of your home, it needs to match the existing décor of your property. This includes factors such as shape and color design. Pick something that balances well with the outdoor décor and visually enhances the space.
Now that you know more about backyard shade, all that’s left to do is enhance your home with one of these options so you can live more in the Great Outdoors!