Is it a good idea to use electric baseboard heaters to supplement the heat from a pellet stove in my home? -Henry
The bad news is that electric baseboard heaters are one of the most expensive ways to heat a home. The good news is that they can be easily turned off or down in rooms where the extra heat isn’t needed.
If your pellet stove is providing adequate heating most of the time, electric baseboard heaters can be used to provide added heat on occasion, but keep these tips in mind to reduce the need to use them:
- Consider adding more insulation to your attic or under the floor.
- Enclose the crawlspace under your house if it’s open.
- Make your windows are as energy efficient as possible by sealing any air leaks and installing storm windows or insulated replacement windows.
- Check the weatherstripping and thresholds on exterior doors and seal any gaps or cracks.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Heat and Cool an Addition on Your Home (video)
- Eight Great Ways To Save On Heating Costs (article)