7. Clean the Garbage Disposal
To safely and easily disinfect your garbage disposal using baking soda and white vinegar:
– Measure out 1/2 cup of baking soda, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
– Measure one cup of white vinegar, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
– Allow the chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar to work for a minute.
– Pour a pot of boiling water down the garbage disposal, and allow it to sit for five minutes.
– Turn on the cold water tap in the sink with the garbage disposal, then turn on the disposal to flush it out.
8. Clean Grout Lines on Tile Floors
Grout lines on tile floors can become dirty and discolored over time. To clean either light or dark colored grout lines, try the following methods using common household cleaners.
To clean dark colored grout lines on tile floors:
– Mix baking soda and white vinegar in a cup to a paste-like consistency.
– Use a small brush to apply the mixture to the grout lines.
– Allow the mixture to remain on the grout lines for a little while.
– Use a small scrub brush or an old toothbrush to scrub the grout lines.
– Clean the floor with water to remove the baking soda and vinegar solution.
9. Clean Glass Shower Doors
White vinegar works great for removing soap scum from the glass on your shower door. When the door is clean, spray a car windshield sealer, such as Rain-X Glass Treatment, on a rag and wipe the door down thoroughly. Once the sealer has dried, use a clean rag to remove any remaining sealer.